Join Our Team!
Gelato Maker/Kitchen Assistant
Gypsea Gelato is looking to add to our small, but mighty kitchen team! This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a tight-knit small business that cares about its team and takes pride in its product. Our bright kitchen is located across the street from our store in Kealakekua. Part-time or Full-time available.
What you’ll do (and more!)
- Prep gelato and sorbet bases
- Prep gelato flavor ingredients including cutting fresh fruits, processing cookies and cakes, making other sweet treats to mix into gelato
- Organize warehouse stock of ingredients
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment including but not limited to: Sweeping and mopping kitchen floors, wiping countertops, washing dishes
- Work alongside Gypsea Gelato owners and other team members or independently
What it takes to be star at the job
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Able to do basic math and calculations
- Previous work experience in a kitchen environment preferred
- Positivity, enthusiasm, and energy
- Work independently AND with others
- Ability to multitask
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to learn
Pay and Benefits
Pay range $18-$20 per hour starting pay dependent on experience. Health insurance. Free gelato each week! There is room for developing skills, gaining experience, and contributing ideas to this growing company!
This is a part-time position 3 days a week. The gelato maker will work Tuesdays and 2 other days of the week (not Friday).
Please apply using the form here or drop off your resume and a brief cover letter (with availability) at any one of our shops. We look forward to hearing from you!